Has your life spiralled out of control, and you can’t handle it any longer? Do you feel “not right” to be dependant on antidepressants?
Are you concerned about the side effects of these drugs such as weight gain and drowsiness?
Then we have good news for you!
Depression can respond to acupuncture treatment. And according to a study from Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, you can expect some improvement within two weeks of starting your treatment.
Even The World Health Organisation gives acupuncture a nod. It reports acupuncture to be an effective alternative in the treatment of depression.
Would you be willing to discuss your situation with us?
Why should you consider acupuncture for depression as an option?
- Effective: Research shows the effects of acupuncture are comparable to the conventional treatment of depression (see the WHO report below).
- Targeted: At our clinic, Acupuncture treatment is customised to your particular condition. It will address your specific psychological and physical symptoms like anxiety, lack of energy, appetite, insomnia or other.
- Holistic: Likely, you will notice the benefits not only specific to your condition but also general health benefits; such as improved immunity, better sleep, better concentration, increased performance and improved memory. You will feel more relaxed and satisfied with your life. Acupuncture treats the root of disease, not just symptoms.
- No side effects: Acupuncture activates your organism’s own potential to achieve its curative effect. As a result, it does not produce adverse effects you are likely to experience when on antidepressants:
- No weight gain
- No drowsiness
- No dry mouth
- No blurred vision
- No constipation
- No sedation
- No decreased libido or impotence
- No allergic reactions
- Not addictive: Acupuncture will cause not the smallest sign of addiction. Furthermore, research has shown acupuncture to treat opiate and other addictive substance dependence. If you are on an addictive medication, it will be easier to quit with the help of this time-tested therapy.
The effects of acupuncture for depression have been well documented. In 2002 WHO has published analysis and review of controlled clinical trials on acupuncture. We find the results to be really inspiring. Don’t just take our word for it, click here to read it yourself.
If you are on a medication we will not advise you to stop it once you have started acupuncture. You will gradually reduce it on the advice of your GP or psychiatrist as you start to feel healthier, more energetic, happier.
What our patients say
Since I started seeing Dr. Vitalis, I stopped the medication, my quality of life has improved and my moods have lifted… I have been able to concentrate better at sport and my work habits are now considerably better. Read more ►
I decided to try acupuncture after reading that it was effective for severe mood swings. I was also experiencing insomnia, was very stressed and didn’t feel like I had control on anything… Dr Vitalis has really balanced me and it has been a huge relief. Read more ►
After one treatment I had very little expectations.
To my surprise anxiety reduced by 90%, severe night sweats, and unpleasant dreams stopped.
As an epileptic, I could not use usual antidepressant medication, as it can cause seizures.
After a few acupuncture treatments I noticed, and those around me noticed, a remarked difference in my stress levels…
How acupuncture helps depression
Brain research revealed that acupuncture has a modulating and normalizing effect on the limbic-paralimbic-neocortical network (LPNN), including the default mode network.
LPNN is related to sleep and emotions. This explains the improved qualities of life and sleep in depressed patients following acupuncture treatment.
Would you be willing to discuss your situation with us? Get in touch now!