Since I started seeing Dr. Vitalis, I stopped the medication, my quality of life has improved and my moods have lifted… I have been able to concentrate better at sport and my work habits are now considerably better. Read more ►
I decided to try acupuncture after reading that it was effective for severe mood swings. I was also experiencing insomnia, was very stressed and didn’t feel like I had control on anything… Dr Vitalis has really balanced me and it has been a huge relief. Read more ►
After one treatment I had very little expectations.
To my surprise anxiety reduced by 90%, severe night sweats, and unpleasant dreams stopped.
As an epileptic, I could not use usual antidepressant medication, as it can cause seizures.
After a few acupuncture treatments I noticed, and those around me noticed, a remarked difference in my stress levels…
5 reasons why to consider acupuncture for depression
- Effective: Research shows the effects are comparable to the conventional treatment of depression.
- Fast: you will likely get a faster response than with medication.
- Targeted: At our clinic, we customise your acupuncture treatment for your specific symptoms, whether they be psychological or physical: anxiety, lack of energy, appetite, insomnia to name a few.
- Holistic: Acupuncture can have positive effects on your general health beyond treating depression symptoms. Improved immunity, better sleep, increased concentration, and better memory are just a few of the benefits you may experience. We treat the root of the disease, not just symptoms.
- Few side effects & not addictive: Acupuncture activates your body’s own healing abilities, meaning you’re unlikely to experience side effects associated with antidepressants. You won’t experience weight gain, drowsiness, dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation, sedation, decreased libido, impotence, or allergic reactions. Plus, research has shown that acupuncture can help treat addiction, making it an appealing alternative for those who may be struggling with addiction to medications.
A study from Beijing University of Chinese Medicine has shown you can expect some improvement in depression symptoms within two weeks from starting acupuncture treatment.
The effects of this natural therapy have been well documented. In 2002 WHO has published an analysis and review of clinical trials. We find the results to be really inspiring. Don’t just take our word for it, click here to read it.
You can combine our treatment with medications for depression. Recent systematic review and meta-analysis has shown that acupuncture combined with antidepressant medication is effective. It can accelerate the effect of drugs. Combined therapy is safe and well-tolerated.
If you’re willing to stop/reduce your medication, you can gradually wean off it only with the supervision of your GP or psychiatrist. We do not advise you to stop antidepressants immediately when you start the treatment with us.
You will need less help from the drugs when you start to feel healthier, more energetic, happier.
Would you be willing to discuss your situation with us? Get in touch now.