Since I started seeing Dr. Vitalis, I stopped the medication, my quality of life has improved and my moods have lifted… I have been able to concentrate better at sport and my work habits are now considerably better. Read more ►
I decided to try acupuncture after reading that it was effective for severe mood swings. I was also experiencing insomnia, was very stressed and didn’t feel like I had control on anything… Dr Vitalis has really balanced me and it has been a huge relief. Read more ►
After one treatment I had very little expectations.
To my surprise anxiety reduced by 90%, severe night sweats, and unpleasant dreams stopped.
As an epileptic, I could not use usual antidepressant medication, as it can cause seizures.
After a few acupuncture treatments I noticed, and those around me noticed, a remarked difference in my stress levels…
5 reasons why to consider acupuncture for depression
- Effective: Research shows the effects are comparable to the conventional treatment of depression.
- Fast: you will likely get a faster response to this than medication.
- Targeted: At our clinic, we customise your acupuncture treatment for your particular symptoms. We will address your specific psychological and physical symptoms like anxiety, lack of energy, appetite, insomnia.
- Holistic: During the course of treatment you will notice the benefits not only for depression symptoms. You are likely to see improvements in general health, such as improved immunity, better sleep, increased concentration, performance and even memory. You will feel more relaxed and satisfied with your life. We treat the root of the disease, not just symptoms.
- Few side-effects & not addictive: Acupuncture activates your organism’s own potential to achieve its curative effect. As a result, it does not produce adverse effects you are likely to experience when on antidepressants:
- No weight gain
- No drowsiness
- No dry mouth
- No blurred vision
- No constipation
- No sedation
- No decreased libido or impotence
- No allergic reactions
- Not addictive: to the contrary, research has shown acupuncture can treat opiate and other addictive substance dependence. If you take addictive medications, withdrawal will probably be much easier.
A study from Beijing University of Chinese Medicine has shown you can expect some improvement in depression symptoms within two weeks from starting acupuncture treatment.
The effects of this natural therapy have been well documented. In 2002 WHO has published an analysis and review of clinical trials. We find the results to be really inspiring. Don’t just take our word for it, click here to read it.
You can combine our treatment with medications for depression. Recent systematic review and meta-analysis has shown that acupuncture combined with antidepressant medication is effective. It can accelerate the effect of drugs. Combined therapy is safe and well-tolerated.
If you’re willing to stop/reduce your medication, you can gradually wean off it only with the supervision of your GP or psychiatrist. We do not advise you to stop antidepressants immediately when you start the treatment with us.
You will need less help from the drugs when you start to feel healthier, more energetic, happier.
Would you be willing to discuss your situation with us? Get in touch now.