Refreshed on 01 September 2023
Our COVID strategy is simple. We treat every patient as vulnerable. Here, at Dr Vitalis Acupuncture Auckland, we take a cautious and science-based approach. And as new information about the virus comes to light, we adjust our protocols accordingly.
- Ventilation. Because COVID spreads through droplets in the air, great ventilation is absolutely critical. We have upgraded our active ventilation system. Additionally, we leave as many doors and windows open as practically possible to encourage fresh air flow.
- We are double vaccinated and boosted. Our professional organisation says there is no clarity about mandatory vaccination for acupuncturists, however with us you can rest assured. We are fully vaccinated.
- Masks. If you have even mild respiratory symptoms, we ask that you please wear a mask at our premises. Although mask is not required if you’re feeling healthy, we encourage everyone to wear face coverings ar our rooms. To double up on safety, the team at Dr Vitalis Acupuncture will wear P2 or N95 masks when administering the treatments. P2 or N95 masks offer better protection. Snug-fitting mask makes a difference. And if you wish to have enhanced protection, or are vulnerable we recommend wearing a cotton mask over a surgical mask.
- We encourage minimal contact with others/ social distancing at our rooms. We endeavour to book your appointment in the way that you would not need to wait. If you arrive early please let us know, we may be able to see you, but please wait outside, and we will take you through as soon as your treatment room is sufficiently ventilated and is ready.
- If you have any symptoms and unsure if it is safe to come in, please let us know as early as possible.
Screening. Before each visit, we screen every patient by asking some questions about any possible COVID symptoms, as well as possible exposures to assess the risk. We need you to fill out an online form before your visit. Alternatively, if you have any covid symptoms, please let us know in advance by email.
- Extra cleaning. In addition to our regular cleaning routines, we wipe frequently touched surfaces, including our eftpos machine, doorknobs, and other contact surfaces several times daily with alcohol-based wipes.
- Hand hygiene. Please use alcohol-based (non-hormone disrupting) hand sanitiser by the entrance door.
If you have any questions or suggestions of what we can do to accommodate your special needs or your safety at our rooms, please let us know.