Pregnancy and fertility acupuncture are one our fields of expertise. Contact us now to discuss how we can help you.
World Health Organisation recommends acupuncture in childbirth:
“In childbirth, acupuncture analgesia is useful for relieving labour pain and can significantly reduce the duration of labour.
In the case of weakened uterine contractions, acupuncture increases the activity of the uterus. In addition, the avoidance of narcotics is advantageous for newborn infants.”
“Acupuncture treatment is safe if it is performed properly by a well-trained practitioner. Unlike many drugs, it is non-toxic, and adverse reactions are minimal.”
The latest studies confirm the WHO document findings for the use of acupuncture in pregnancy and labor.
The latest Conchrane review (C.Smith 2017) found that when acupuncture was done correctly (electroacupuncture), it helped to soften the cervix and reduced the duration of labour.
They also found that electroacupuncture was more effective for the outcomes caesarean section, and instrumental vaginal and the spontaneous vaginal birth. It decreased the rate of caesarean sections and increased the rate of spontaneous vaginal birth.
- Dr Vitalis Acupuncture Auckland
- Pregnancy Acupuncture
- Acupuncture for Hay fever
- Acupuncture in childbirth / labour
- Acupuncture for pain
- Acupuncture for neck pain in Auckland
- Acupuncture for Migraine Treatment and Prevention
- Acupuncture for Depression
- Insomnia – improve your sleep with Acupuncture
- Infertility Acupuncture
- Chinese Herbs for Fertility
- Male fertility and Acupuncture
- IVF Acupuncture
- Menopause and Acupuncture
- Inflammation: How your immune system can turn against you, and how to make it work again
- Acupuncture for Neuropathy: “I have less pain in my legs, more sensation in my feet and the hold and cold sensations have gone. I have been able to resume some physical activities such as Yoga and that I previously enjoyed.” Janene
- “diagnosed with endometriosis and following laparoscopic surgery, I struggled with severe pelvic pain and cramps.” Imogen
- Can fertility acupuncture support weight loss?